Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Details about Elizabeth...

For the history books (in which this blog will undoubtedly figure prominently), I thought it would be fun to quote Robert’s e-mail directly:

On Friday, March 19th 2005, Elizabeth James Westmont was born at Virginia Beach General Hospital in Virginia Beach. Mom and daughter are great and should be released tomorrow. Christina was heading to class around 5:30 PM when things didn't feel right - it was the right decision. Elizabeth wasted no time once she decided to depart the warm, comfortable environment of the last 10 months. She entered the world an hour and 45 minutes after we arrived at the hospital - 10:38 PM, March 17, 2005. Of course this was St Patrick's Day and I'm sure we'll be hearing about that for decades to come.

Elizabeth weights 8 lbs, 7 ounces and is 21" long. I've uploaded several pictures to http://ncdesigns.net/westmont/elizabeth.htm, however most are not optimized meaning "large file size" at the moment. There shouldn't be a problem for those with broadband, but dial-up connections will take awhile until I can clean things up.